Saturday, May 29, 2010

2 days to go!

Today was a bit tough for me....I went too long between breakfast and lunch and ended up overeating a bit once I fanally ate. (That and I ate some chicken- not a totally bad thing, but I had already eaten my lean protein for the week.)

More and more I am thinking about how planning is so essential to the success of any weight loss / get healthy type endeavor. Is it because I don't make good food decisions on the fly? Yes (or I wouldn't be overweight). Is it because there is a sense of control over something that previously had control over you? Again, yes.

Regardless of the reasons, planning your daily meals/snacks is essential. The trick is to not plan too far ahead. If you do that you are stuck eating something you are not in the mood for which opens you right up to swapping out your plan for something that is full of chemical, fat, calories and god onlyknows what else.

I so wish that there was a daily farmer's market that allowed me to pick up only the fresh food I needed for that day. I have been stopping at Earth's Fare a couple of times a week, but it isn't quite the same. I would love to get into a routine that allowed for farmer's markets on the weekend....of course, the only thing standing in the way of that, is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment