Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quck and Easy Grilled Dinner

Tonight we are celebrating Father's Day at my in-laws house. They are making ribs, baked beans, corn and dessert. I will be bringing my own dinner (no hard feelings, I just DO NOT want people to have to cater to my dietary needs. We have to exist in the real world eventually, people!)

I have found that when I have a fancier or more interesting meal, it doesn't make me miss the old carb/sugar loaded standbys. So, I will be making kabobs from chicken, green onions, mushrooms and yellow squash. I am also bringing thinly sliced English cucumber and low fat laughing cow as a appetizer (I just need to remember not to eat too many) and some suger free pudding for dessert.

Doesn't that sound yummy?!?!?! I hope I am setting myself up to not feel deprived in any way.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment