Monday, April 25, 2011

Moving in on a year....

Here it is almost the end of April. I cannot believe how quickly the last year has passed...and don't even get me started on how quickly the beginning of 2011 has zoomed by!


So, let's play catch-up.

My husband had his gastric bypass in January. He developed a bleeding ulcer and had to have a transfusion in March. (Lesson- if your surgeon prescribes antacid medication, take it) He is doing great now and is down 75 lbs. Since January. Seriously. Yes, I am a little jealous.

I also had a little complication of my own recently...gall stones. Although my surgeon had given me the chance to take my gall bladder out when I had my bypass, I declined. I was weirded out about arbitrarily taking out an organ- whether I needed it or not. I had never had issues with it so I willing to take the chance. A couple of weeks ago I had some TERRIBLE stomach pains and through blood work and ultrasounds I was diagnosed with gall stones. So, last Thursday, my surgeon when in and yanked that sucker out. I am still pretty tired and sore, but definitely on the mend.

We are both getting so excited for the Vegas Meet and Greet coming up next month. Okay truthfully, I am getting excited....the husband is just tolerating my excitement. I can live with that.

For those of you who don't know what the Meet and Greet is, here is a link to the Weigh Loss Surgery Foundation of America Website who hosts the event.
http://wlsfa.org/

I am most excited about meeting all my support chat friends. I have been on the BTV forum for a year and a half and cannot wait to meet everyone in person.

As for my weight loss, it has completely stalled out at 177ish. 111 lbs is a great loss, don't get me wrong, but I am still 42 away from my goal. I am a bit discouraged by that, but I know that I control whether I get there or not. With me starting my triathlon training next month, I know that I should see some movement on that scale.

Yes, I did say triathlon. On September 25th, my sister, my best friend, and I will be participating in the Charlotte Rambling rose triathlon. I am excited and scared as hell :)
http://www.ramblinroseevents.com/

I promise to post on my progress as we get closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment