Thursday, October 7, 2010

Your to-do list for weight loss success...

According to Dr. Connie Stapleton:
  1. Make consistently healthy food choices (protein, veg, then fruit/if it is white don't bite)
  2. Maintain portion control
  3. Exercise
  4. Water all day (except during meals 30/30 rule)
  5. Plan your meals
  6. Food diary
  7. Exercise Diary
  8. Sleep
  9. Support system
  10. Personal counseling
So let's get honest...how many of these am I doing?
  1. Good Choices-Adequate 
    • I have a bit or two of bread occasionally but I am not getting in enough protein. 
    • ACTION: up my protein
  2. Portions-Good  
    •  I am very aware of when I need to stop eating.  However, I am not measuring my portions. 
    • ACTION: measure my food for a couple of days to make sure I am still seeing my food portions properly.
  3. Exercise-Poor
    • I have been using activity as exercise.  They are not the same thing
    • ACTION: Create an exercise routine for the week
  4. Water-Unknown
    • Honestly, I have no idea.  I haven't been keeping track of my water
    • ACTION: track my water for a few days to see where I am
  5. Planning-Good
    • I usually know what I have in the house that will be a good choice for me.  However, I have not been planning dinners
    • ACTION: start planning dinners for the family
  6. Food Diary- Poor
    • I haven't been keeping track for months
    • ACTION- I have already started tracking again.
  7. Exercise Diary- Poor
    • I can't track what I am not doing
    • ACTION: DO IT!
  8. Sleep-Okay
    • I haven't been using my CPAP since I sleep worse with it on.  Is this okay?  I am not sure.
    • ACTION- start going to bed earlier and try the CPAP for a couple of days.
  9. Support- Good
    • Word to my bariatrictv peeps and my family 
    • ACTION- stay honest with my support system
  10. Counseling- Good
    • I have been seeing my counselor for about a month now
    • ACTION- keep it up!
I have some work to do.  But I can do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment